YFC reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their Godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the Word of God and prayer, and passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement.
Youth for Christ of Northern Indiana is looking for a ministry leader who desires to make a Kingdom impact in the Homestead community by reaching young people with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ. The Homestead Campus Life director would be responsible to run and oversee the Campus Life program as well as empower and equip caring adults and teenagers to share the love of Christ.
To fulfill this mission this leader must be willing and able to….
Engage in numerous Christ-Sharing relationships with teens in the community. This would be done primarily through Relational Ministry Actions (RMA’s) such as contacting teens on their turf, building relationships and engaging them in conversations through small groups and one on one meetings.
Empower teams of caring adults to build Christ sharing relationships with young people in their community.
Equip teams of student leaders, volunteers, interns and other key adults to be in Christ-sharing relationships to reach lost and hurting teenagers.
Expectations: 40-45 hours week
Widespread Prayer: We deliberately engage lots of Christians to intercede on behalf of the ministry site
• Leaders are expected to develop a widespread prayer strategy that would engage many people from the local community. Prayer communication (e-mail/text/social media) will be due out at least monthly. Create additional ways to engage adults/students to be praying for your ministry site.
Faithful Bible Teaching: We accurately handle Biblical truth, regularly coaching kids to apply it in their lives
• One hour weekly of non-personal quiet time spent in God’s word focused on faithful bible teaching. (Competent preparation, relevant presentation, lifestyle application)
Collaborative Community Strategy: We intentionally work together with local churches, agencies, and other partners to provide sustainable youth and family ministry.
• 4 community/friend-raising appointments a month (2 community appointments and 2 fundraising appointments).
• Community Support Team - At least four couples with the goal being eight to ten couples. Have six meetings a year with your community support team.
Adults Who Empower: We strategically develop leaders to reach young people from every people group
• 4 monthly appointments to encourage/challenge/recruit
• One monthly meeting/gathering of all your volunteers
Loving Relationships: We consistently pursue lost kids & engage them in life-long relationships with Jesus
• Contacting: going into the teenage world to initiate new relationships
• Building Times: spending time with students to build new relationships and grow existing ones.
• Appointments: meeting with kids to focus on their individual needs.
• Club: Weekly meeting with a larger group of kids in a safe, high energy, non-Christian friendly setting to talk about relevant topics and connect them to God’s truth.
• Trips: Each staff person must reach the kid to adult ratio for that trip to go on that trip.
• Small Groups: meeting with several students to have an interactive discussion about relevant topics and connect them to God’s truth.
• Core Team: a team of Christian teenagers with adult coaches who together, follow Jesus in a way that naturally invites friends to discover Jesus with them.
• Follow Up: A staff person/volunteer must make contact with a kid that makes a commitment to Christ within 24 hours of that decision
• Follow Up Process: A staff person or volunteer meets with a student at least four times and does a minimum of two church visits with him/her
Staff Meeting, Planning, Lesson Prep, Reports 10-12 hours
TOTAL 40-45 hours
College/University 4 year degree
Experience in youth ministry
Ability to coach, motivate, lead teams including adults, volunteers & student leaders
Team player, highly relational, passion for the lost, teachable, and a deep abiding relationship with Jesus.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contact: Traever Wieland, COO
Phone: 260-484-4551 ext. 208